Welcome to Tulsa Virtual Academy!
Tulsa Virtual Academy is a fully virtual, grade-level learning program for grades PK-12 that offers students and families flexible scheduling in a self-paced learning environment. Tulsa Virtual Academy offers curricula that meet state and national standards. Each student is provided with a Chromebook to ensure that they are able to access Tulsa Virtual Academy’s rigorous, grade-level content and the support of a certified teacher.
The Tulsa Virtual Academy team seeks to empower students, work with families to become learning advocates for their students, and maintain ongoing communication to support each scholar to success. Students are afforded the opportunity to join rigorous and engaging instruction via live Zooms with a certified teacher.
Students will also have access to live tutoring, for those who thrive in a blended learning model. The virtual academy is programmed to be flexible to meet the needs of parents and families. We estimate that students in the Tulsa Virtual Academy will spend 2-4 hours a day on the computer interacting with their teacher and virtual classroom and another 2-4 hours of working on activities away from the computer reinforce what they’re learning. Tulsa Virtual Academy offers students support in a safe and inclusive virtual environment.
WHY TULSA VIRTUAL ACADEMY?
Tulsa Virtual Academy is available for pre-K through 12th grade students. This is a great option for parents who, for a variety of reasons including, have chosen for their student to participate in a virtual learning environment, outside of the traditional brick-and-mortar schools. The Virtual Academy provides a high-quality learning experience that supports each child’s social emotional needs while offering a flexible schedule that includes opportunities to move ahead through self-paced learning and to receive targeted tutoring. That makes this a great option for students and families who are seeking greater autonomy over their student’s individual academic growth and development than is available in a traditional learning environment.
Tulsa Virtual Academy is a wonderful option for all students regardless of learning style. Our staff is dedicated to connecting with students and families, and we offer flexibility as well as traditional learning to all of our students.
Priscilla Griggs, Tulsa Virtual Academy Teacher of the Year
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can be a virtual student?
- WILL MY STUDENT FALL BEHIND IF THEY ENROLL IN VIRTUAL SCHOOL?
- Do I need a computer for Virtual Academy?
- MY CHILD IS ON AN IEP. HOW WILL TULSA VIRTUAL ACADEMY SUPPORT MY CHILD?
- Who teaches the courses?
- Will my child be in front of a screen all day?
- What is the role of the parent or guardian?
- Is this program a good fit for students who are currently homeschooled?
- Why Virtual Academy?
- I’m thinking about enrolling in the Virtual Academy. What should I consider before deciding to enroll?
- ¿Quién PUEDE SER UN ESTUDIANTE VIRTUAL?
- ¿SE ATRASARÁ MI ESTUDIANTE SI SE INSCRIBE EN LA ESCUELA VIRTUAL?
- MI HIJO ESTÁ EN UN IEP. ¿CÓMO APOYARÁ TULSA VIRTUAL ACADEMY A MI HIJO?
- ¿NECESITO UNA COMPUTADORA PARA VIRTUAL ACADEMY?
- ¿QUIÉN ENSEÑA LOS CURSOS?
- ¿ESTARÁ MI HIJO FRENTE A UNA PANTALLA TODO EL DÍA?
- ¿CUÁL ES EL PAPEL DEL PADRE O TUTOR?
- ¿ES ESTE PROGRAMA ADECUADO PARA ESTUDIANTES QUE ACTUALMENTE ESTÁN EN EL HOGAR?
- ¿POR QUÉ VIRTUAL ACADEMY?
- ESTOY PENSANDO EN INSCRIBIRME EN LA ACADEMIA VIRTUAL. ¿QUÉ DEBO CONSIDERAR ANTES DE DECIDIR INSCRIBIRME?